Holi is approaching and excitement for the most fun and perhaps the happiest festival is on peak! It’s a celebration of compassion and forgetting one’s bad memories. Dazzling background of colors and intoxication of Bhang take a toll on everyone’s mood!
And their skin!
In the midst of delicious aroma of gujhiyas and frolic fight of colors, you might fail to take proper care of your skin! Your regular skin care regimen is so not good for your skin these days. It is always advisable to play Holi with safe and Natural colors but one cannot be sure enough! It’s important to take care of your skin before and after playing Holi really well!
So here are some quick dos and don’ts that will prevent your skin from any kind of damage and allow you to play Holi to your heart’s content!
- Get yourself waxed or shaved at least a week before Holi. Your chemically treated or freshly exposed skin is much more prone to damage due to colors.
- Right before you go out to play Holi, rub a mixture of petroleum jelly with coconut oil all over your body to create a thin film that will prevent direct contact with colors.
- Wear full sleeve clothes.
- Do Not put on any kind of makeup!
- Use normal water to bathe. Hot water can solidify the colors and make them even harder to get rid of.
- Instead of directly using the soap on your skin, first, clean yourself with warm water and then use homemade Ubtans to remove the color completely.
- Do not be too harsh on your skin if the color isn’t coming out easily.
- Oil your hair a night before Holi.
- Right before you go out, Oil your hair lightly again.
- Never play Holi with your hair open.
- Wash your hair continuously with normal water first to remove maximum color. Only after then use your shampoo.
- Do not wash more than twice.
- Use a mild shampoo only as the harsh ones might react with the colors.
- After cleansing your hair, use buttermilk or yogurt on your hair to keep your head cool. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Do not forget to use a conditioner.
- Cover your nails with a thick nail polish.
- Do not forget the Inside of the nails as well.
- Apply a little bit of polish on your cuticles too.
- Use regular water and a mild soap to wash off the colors.
- After you’ve cleansed thoroughly, only then use the nail polish remover to get rid of the colors completely.
- Keep your lips moist and hydrated throughout the week. Colors on chapped lips might irritate or sting you to no end.
- Use a good quality lip balm or petroleum jelly on your lips before playing Holi.
- Do not use soap on your lips at all!
- Use a mixture of Gram flour and Curd and rub them on your lips with a cotton cloth to remove colors.
So these were some tips for you to follow and you can freely play colors now. Be happy and gentle with others. It’s a festival to make friends even with your enemies. After all ”Bura Na Mano Holi Hai!”
Play safe and
Like us on Facebook : Glitter Codes